Cyber Security Engineer
Division/Team: Cyber Security
Type of Contract: Full-time
Within the 6point6 engineering practice, we deliver world-leading solutions and agile transformations with our clients. We have a specialist security engineering team that supports our larger cyber practice with designing, building, and delivering specialist solutions to meet our clients’ security needs.
The ideal candidate will have a strong security operations or platform engineering background, will have worked in large teams and will be comfortable in a client-facing role.
You will also be willing and able to contribute to the 6point6 internal digital transformation strategy and thought leadership, with the ability to mentor fellow engineers and provide trusted leadership within your area of technical expertise.
Role and responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate high quality implementation of cloud security and DevSecOps technologies, with accompanying documentation, for high service level objective systems.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a small team of fellow consultants. Lead and grow the security engineering team and support the development of the wider engineering practice.
- Maintain sustainable client relationships and drive client satisfaction.
- Design, build and operate cloud-native and cloud-platform-specific solutions in concert with solution architects, developers, and technical leads.
- Ability to operate in cross-functional security and engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services within fast-paced environments.
- Experience of working as part of agile delivery teams, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with one of Azure, AWS, or GCP - with exposure to at least one other major cloud provider.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with security monitoring and observability (SIEM) systems (Splunk, Azure Sentinel, etc.).
- AWS Professional or Specialty certification.
- Azure Expert or Speciality certification.
- Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist.
- ISC² certification (CISSP/CCSP).
- Other security certifications (GIAC, Offensive Security, etc.)
- Prior experience in consulting, system integration, or software development.