Head of Cyber Security Engineering
Division/Team: Cyber Security
Type of Contract: Full-time
This position will suit somebody with a methodical hands-on approach to engineering, who can inspire people to collaborate in a team culture. You will be looking to gain new or build on existing experience in business development and managing cyber engineering teams in a fast-paced consultancy. You will be a subject matter expert in security engineering with a broad understanding of other cyber security domains including architecture, assurance and operations.
- Leading others by example and setting the standards to which others aspire.
- Acting as the focal point for cyber security engineering, ensuring teams adhere to common quality standards and engineering practices.
- Producing technical designs for integrated security components and operational security management systems such as threat and vulnerability management, security information event management, secure by default cloud infrastructure, zero trust architectures, CI/CD pipelines, etc..
- Leading engineering teams and providing expert guidance on the build and configuration of cyber security solutions. Providing assurance that security designs meet the specified architecture, applying knowledge of common frameworks and standards such as CIS, NIST, NCSC CAF, etc..
- Producing detailed project delivery plans and lifecycle cost models.
- Developing security technology roadmaps and engineering standards.
- Directing engineering teams or stepping in on difficult problems to develop hot-fixes, workarounds, and permanent solutions for incident response teams.
- Evaluating emerging security technologies and services.
- Pre-sales consultancy to establish client requirements and develop new solutions. Identify new business development opportunities with existing client accounts Initiate business development opportunities with new logo clients.
- Lead product development for cyber security engineering.
- Enhance and manage our cyber security vendor partnerships.
- Thought leadership and production of white papers.
- Be a brand ambassador for 6point6.
- A minimum of 8 years experience working in a cyber security engineering or operational security role. One or more industry recognised security certificates such as CISSP, GPEN or CISM.
- Experience producing security system designs from an outline set of requirements, such as identity management and key management systems or continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Experience managing teams of geographically dispersed security engineers in waterfall and agile project deliveries. Experience of both Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Experience working with commodity cloud services, such as Azure and AWS. Proficient with at least one programming language – such as Java or Python.
- Ability to interpret raw system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs.
- An excellent knowledge of a variety of security technologies, such as cryptography, host intrusion, network and application firewalls.
- Proficient with scripting in Bash and/or PowerShell.
- A good knowledge of common infrastructure and security architectures
- BSc in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering
- Hold network engineering certification, such as CCNE or Checkpoint.
- Hold one or more security vendor certifications, such as Checkpoint, ArcSight, Fortinet and TrendMicro. Experience working with security architecture frameworks, such as SABSA and TOGAF.
- Familiar with threat analysis and risk modelling methods.
- Familiarity with NIST CSF, NCSC CAF and other security standards.
- 25 Days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Healthcare and Dental
- Life Assurance
- Access to training platforms
- Wellness Allowance