Type of Contract: Full-time
6point6 architecture practice is a fast-growing community of industry leading experts. The practice covers all aspects of architecture for large scale technology estates, providing architecture and solution for complex transformation, cloud migration, technology consolidation and modernisation, M&A and enterprise architecture definition and management. We deliver advisory, technology vision and strategy, technology roadmaps, technology due diligence, enterprise architecture and architecture governance using our proven framework and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong architecture and software engineering background, will have led teams of engineers or other architects and enjoy a client-facing role to senior stakeholders.
- Define the enterprise architecture for a high-profile government or private sector portfolios.
- Define the architectural roadmap for the portfolio, including target architecture and transitional states.
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the business processes, capabilities and highest priority user needs.
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the current live applications and systems.
- Ensure that the scope, context and constraints are documented and accepted.
- Identify, engage and enfranchise stakeholders.
- Facilitate the making of portfolio-level decisions, ensuring that they are made on the basis of the best information and are aligned with stakeholder needs.
- Capture and interpret input from technical and domain specialists (and represent this accurately to stakeholders as needed).
- Define and document strategies, standards and guidelines to direct the build and deployment of systems across the portfolio.
- Ensure that architectures meet the system quality attributes.
- Help ensure that agreed upon architectural principles and standards are applied to the finished system or products.
- Provide architectural and technical leadership, including leading and mentoring other architects.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (EA) frameworks and techniques, including TOGAF.
- Excellent knowledge of architectural and technical governance.
- Excellent knowledge of architecture, design patterns, archimate and UML
- Good knowledge of open source and open standards.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud platforms and offerings, including AWS.
- Good knowledge of market leading vendor products and solutions.
- Good knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches.
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design.
- Strong technical background – excellent experience with JEE, Java, Web Services, REST.
- Quality Assurance skills to assess quality and completeness of deliverables.