Cyber Security Architect
Division/Team: Cyber Security
Type of Contract: Full-time
6point6 architecture practice is a fast-growing community of industry leading experts. The practice covers all aspects of architecture for large scale technology estates, providing architecture and solution for complex transformation, cloud migration, technology consolidation and modernisation, M&A and enterprise architecture definition and management. We deliver advisory, technology vision and strategy, technology roadmaps, technology due diligence, enterprise architecture and architecture governance using our proven framework and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Cyber Security / Architecture background, will be able to perform as a client-facing role, and will be willing and able to contribute to 6point6 internal Digital Transformation strategy and thought leadership.
- Define the security architecture for high-profile, public facing, government digital services.
- Define the security strategy, enterprise architecture and roadmap for large complex programmes of work.
- Review and thoroughly understand applications and systems from a security perspective, using your knowledge of NCSC best practice and control frameworks such as CIS.
- Provide risk and threat based advice and guidance on system designs.
- Develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of cyber security standards and frameworks.
- Good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- Strong, hands-on technical experience – preferably from systems engineering or Penetration Testing.
- Good knowledge of architecture, design patterns and UML.
- Comprehensive understanding of security information and event management systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of common approaches to requirements definition, system design and engineering.
- Good knowledge of market leading security technologies and solutions.
- Familiarity with major Cloud technologies, preferably working experience of a least one major PaaS provider – such as Azure or AWS.
- Knowledgeable when it comes to industry standards and good practice for information security risk, preferably working experience of ISO standards.
- A natural collaborator with a genuine desire to help your team achieve a common goal.
- An understanding of designing and implementing security management systems.