Location: London / Remote
Division/Team: Software Engineering
Type of Contract: Full-time
As part of the digital practice, we are focussed on creating a modern architecture and software development practice that can deliver cloud, digital and agile transformations to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background, will have worked in large teams and will be comfortable in a client-facing role. You will also be willing and able to contribute to the 6point6 internal digital transformation strategy and thought leadership.
Role and responsibilities
- Own and deliver high quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality.
- Own and deliver code, unit tests, feature tests, stubs and integration tests.
- Operate in an agile environment as part of a scrum team and participate in sprint rituals.
- Work with members of multiple skills to understand designs, functional requirements and triage issues. Create and document low level designs where required.
- Participate in business development activities, proposals, bids and pre-sales.
- Participate in thought leadership on technical subjects and Digital Transformation by creating thought leadership materials as directed.
- Assist in the promotion and delivery of digital transformation engagements.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including staff performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management.
- Participate in recruitment process, mentor, train and develop more junior staff, including graduates.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated with a desire to succeed.
- Excellent hands-on experience with Java.
- Good experience with at least one other programming language.
- Good understanding of how to develop secure micro services using Spring Boot and the Spring Framework.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of open-source tools, libraries and standards.
- Strong experience of working in Test Driven Development, test coverage, unit tests, feature tests with BDD and test automation.
- Good working knowledge of Docker containers and running multi-container applications with Docker Compose.
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design, including an ability to performance tune, profile and debug applications.
- Drive and desire to further your skillset and lead in the application domain.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of both traditional and agile delivery methods.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients (both internal and external).