Senior Desktop Support Engineer
Division/Team: Innovation Lab
Type of Contract: Full-time
We are looking for a highly motivated Mac-focused senior desktop support engineer to join our team within IT at 6point6, This is a hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment, where you will get to work with a diverse group of people.
Why IT @6point6?
IT are part of a wide, diverse team of people working cross-functionally with other teams at 6point6. We have a culture of inclusion, growth and originality and we like to solve problems, socialise and collaborate closely.
IT are one of the first team’s new employees speak to at 6point6. Our role is simple: to provide the best support there is to allow everyone to do their best work without technology getting in the way. Successful candidates will have amazing troubleshooting skills with an excellent customer centric focus.
Role and responsibilities
- Using your initiative, communication, technical, and creative problem-solving skills to provide assistance and technical IT support to 6point6 team members
- Using our support tools to resolve requests promptly and efficiently
- Managing device deployment and collection for new, existing and leaving team members
- Creating internal documentation and guides for 6point6
- Mentoring new and existing team members
- Identifying and managing potential technology projects with teams across the business to completion
- Partnering with our security teams on incidents and upcoming projects
- As a senior member of the IT team, we'd expect you to be in the office 3-4 days a week to support staff as they come in and make use of our London office
- 3 years’ experience deploying, managing, and supporting Apple devices in business
- 3 years’ experience with Apple deployment technologies (Apple Business Manager, Automated and User enrolment, etc.)
- 3 years’ experience in administering MDM tools such as Workspace One, etc.
- 3 years’ experience in administering Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom and Jira Service Management
- 1 year’s experience with application packaging
- 2 years’ experience with Windows troubleshooting
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- You feel comfortable diagnosing, troubleshooting, and reporting on technical issues
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are currently in a supporting role and are looking for the next step in your career
At 6point6, we drive the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors. We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, for more details of our benefits package please see - https://6point6.co.uk/careers/