Senior Software Engineer
Division/Team: Software Engineering
Type of Contract: Full-time
As part of the Digital practice, we are focussed on creating a modern architecture and software development practice that is capable of delivering cloud, digital and agile transformations to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background, will have worked in large teams and/ or may have led teams of engineers, will be able to perform as a client-facing role, and will be willing and able to contribute to 6point6 internal Digital Transformation strategy and thought leadership.
Who can apply:
We’re looking for someone with a focus on Open Source and cloud technologies including Java, Spring and Docker. They will be comfortable working directly with business stakeholders as well as agile delivery teams.
- Deliver high quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality.
- Deliver code, unit tests, feature tests, stubs and integration tests.
- Operate in an agile environment as part of a scrum team and participate in sprint rituals.
- Work with members of multiple skills to understand designs, functional requirements and triage issues.
- Create and document low level designs.
- Assist in the promotion and delivery of digital transformation engagements.
- Excellent hands on experience with Java and associated technologies
- Experience working with Spring Boot
- Strong hands on knowledge of open source tools, libraries and standards
- Some working knowledge of containers (Docker)
- Strong experience of working in Test Driven Development, test coverage, unit tests, feature tests and test automation
- Strong experience of DevOps tooling and Continuous Delivery
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design, including an ability to performance tune, profile and debug applications
- Knowledge of both traditional and agile delivery methods
- Drive and desire to further your skillset and lead in the application domain
- Good knowledge of open source and open standards
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of both traditional and agile delivery methods
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Can understand and interpret UML designs, sound understanding of design patterns
- Good knowledge of Microservices and SOA architectures
- Good knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes is highly desirable
- Strong hands on experience of creating and documenting low level designs, class designs and interface designs
- Knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches
- Ability to understand and challenge designs
- Good knowledge of market leading vendor products and solutions
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Consulting background.
At 6point6, we offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of other benefits including company pension, laptop, cycle to work scheme, private medical and dental insurance and a generous holiday allowance.