Tech Lead (Python)
Leeds (with potential for travel)
Type of Contract
Who can Apply
Have you led a development team on more than one occasion as a Tech Lead, with a focus on Open Source and cloud technologies including Python, Linux and Amazon Web Services? Then this role could be for you. You must be comfortable working directly with business stakeholders as well as managing one or more agile delivery teams concurrently. As we security clear all our staff, you need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
As part of the Digital practice, we are focussed on creating a modern architecture and complex delivery practice that is capable of delivering cloud, digital and agile transformations to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background, will have worked in large teams and/ or may have led teams of engineers, will be able to perform as a client-facing role, and will be willing and able to contribute to 6point6 internal digital transformation strategy, thought leadership and sales and marketing efforts.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high-quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality.
- Deliver code, unit tests, feature tests, stubs and integration tests.
- Manage a team independently
- Operate in an agile environment as part of a scrum team and participate in sprint rituals.
- Work with members of multiple skills to understand designs, functional requirements and triage issues.
- Application architecture
- Participate in business development activities, proposals, bids and pre-sales
- Participate in thought leadership on technical subjects and Digital Transformation by creating thought leadership materials as directed
- Assist in the promotion and delivery of digital transformation engagements
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Participate in the recruitment process, mentor, train and develop more junior staff.
- Strong Development Skills, ideally Python
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with key/value databases, e.g. Riak or Redis
- Good understanding of how to develop secure applications
- Strong hands-on knowledge of open source tools, libraries and standards
- Strong experience of working in Test Driven Development
- Strong experience of DevOps tooling and Continuous Delivery
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design, including an ability to performance tune, profile and debug the application
- Knowledge of agile delivery methods and can lead an agile team
- Good knowledge of open source and open standards
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients
- Large-scale data processing and data analytics software programmes
- Large-scale application development
- Experience in some or all of the following technologies:
- Apache Ranger,
- Platform management tools like puppet or ansible
- Anonymisation / pseudonymisation algorithms and technology
- Experience working with large DataSets including:
- Processing data
- Metadata management and associated tools
- Data modelling
- Data lineage
- Access controls
- Data Analysis tooling
- Open Source data Analytics products and services.
- Can understand and interpret UML designs, sound understanding design patterns
- Good knowledge of microservices architectures
- Good knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes is highly desirable
- Knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches
- Ability to understand and challenge designs
- Good knowledge of market-leading vendor products and solutions
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Consulting background