London (with potential for travel)
Type of Contract
Who can Apply
- Strong lead developers looking to move in to architecture
- Junior architects
- Experienced architects.
As we security clear all our staff, you need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
As part of the Digital practice, we are focussed on creating a modern Architecture practice that is capable of delivering cloud, digital and agile transformations to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong architecture and software engineering background, will have led teams of engineers or other architects, will be able to perform as a client-facing role to senior stakeholders, and will be willing and able to contribute to 6point6 internal architecture and digital transformation strategy, thought leadership and sales and marketing efforts.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Define the solution architectures for a high profile, public facing, government and private sector projects, including:
- Define the architectural roadmaps for projects for any given client
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the current live applications and systems at any given client site
- Ensure that the scope, context and constraints are documented and accepted
- Identify, engage and enfranchise stakeholders
- Facilitate the making of system-level decisions, ensuring that they are made on the basis of the best information and are aligned with stakeholder needs
- Capture and interpret input from technical and domain specialists (and represent this accurately to stakeholders as needed)
- Define and document strategies, standards and guidelines to direct the build and deployment of systems
- Ensure that the architecture meets the system quality attributes
- Help ensure that agreed upon architectural principles and standards are applied to the finished system or product
- Provide architectural and technical leadership
- Participate in business development activities, proposals, bids and pre-sales
- Participate in thought leadership on the subjects of Architecture and Digital Transformation by creating thought leadership materials as directed
- Assist in the promotion and delivery of digital transformation engagements
- Build client relationships and establish credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of Architecture, and identify opportunities
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Line manage, mentor, train and develop more junior staff, including graduates.
- Good knowledge of open source and open standards
- Good knowledge of market leading vendor products and solutions
- Initial understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches
- Hands-on coding background
- Good knowledge of design, design patterns and UML
- Knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design
- Strong experience of leading development teams from a design and technical basis
- Quality Assurance skills to assess quality and completeness of deliverables
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of both traditional and agile delivery methods
- Ability to understand and challenge designs
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Possess the drive and desire to further your skillset and lead in the architecture domain
- Willing to undergo government security clearance (SC level)
- Worked on programmes and projects £1 million+
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients.
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Consulting background.