Location: London (with potential for travel)
Division / Team: Digital
Type of Contract: Permanent
Who can Apply:
- Strong lead developers looking to move in to architecture
- Junior architects
- Experienced architects
6point6 architecture practice is a fast-growing community of industry leading experts. The practice covers all aspects of architecture for large scale technology estates, providing architecture and solution for complex transformation, cloud migration, technology consolidation and modernisation, M&A and enterprise architecture definition and management. We deliver advisory, technology vision and strategy, technology roadmaps, technology due diligence, enterprise architecture and architecture governance using our proven framework and processes.
A solution architect is in-charge of the overall technical vision and solution for a particular business problem. They design, describe and manage the solution design and govern the delivery of the solution against the intended vision.
Role and responsibilities:
- Define creative solutions for business problems, holistically addressing functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Define the architectural roadmaps for systems and business services
- Build consensus for the proposed solution through engagement and communication with stakeholders
- Effectively address stakeholder expectations and clearly describe solutions using industry standard modelling notations
- Define and document standards and guidelines to direct the solution delivery
- Ensure that the finished product conforms to the architectural principles and standards
- Provide architectural and technical leadership
- Contribute to the practice development through thought leadership and development of innovative services and offerings
- Participate in business development activities, bids and development of innovative offerings
- Participate in thought leadership on the subjects of Architecture and Digital Transformation
- Line manage, mentor, train and develop more junior staff
- Strong working knowledge of open source, open standards and cloud technologies
- Good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches
- Hands-on coding background, capable of creating prototypes and analysing technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills with a flair for collaboration
- Excellent working knowledge of design patterns and modelling notations such as Archimate, UML and BPMN
- Good knowledge of integration techniques, architecture patterns and non-functional drivers
- Strong experience of leading development teams from a design and technical basis
- Quality Assurance skills to assess the quality and completeness of deliverables
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of both traditional and agile delivery methods
- Ability to understand and challenge designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present data and findings to stakeholders in an impactful way
- Possess the drive and desire to further your skills and lead in the architecture domain
- Willing to undergo government security clearance (SC level)
Benefits of working with 6point6:
- Career Progression: Solution Architects can progress into advanced technical specialisms (e.g. Cloud), work in senior client positions and progress to other architecture disciplines, such as Enterprise Architecture.
- Employee Benefits: At 6point6, we offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of other benefits including company pension, personal laptop, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, private medical and dental insurance and a generous holiday allowance.
Life at 6point6: Watch our video to find out more about our vibrant and exciting 6point6 family!