Software Engineer – Python – Leeds
6point6 is a leading technology consultancy with expertise in Digital Transformation, Emerging Technology and Cyber. We bring a wealth of hands-on experience to help businesses achieve more with digital. Using cutting edge technology and agile delivery methods, we help businesses reinvent, transform and secure a brighter digital future.
As part of the Digital Transformation practice, we are focussed on creating a modern architecture and complex delivery practice that is capable of delivering cloud, digital and agile transformations to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background, will have worked in large teams and/ or may have led teams of engineers, will be able to perform as a client-facing role, and will be willing and able to contribute to 6point6 internal Digital Transformation strategy, thought leadership and sales and marketing efforts.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver high quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality.
- Deliver code, unit tests, feature tests, stubs and integration tests.
- Operate in an agile environment as part of a scrum team and participate in sprint rituals.
- Work with members of multiple skills to understand designs, functional requirements and triage issues.
- Participate in thought leadership on technical subjects and Digital Transformation by creating thought leadership materials as directed
- Assist in the promotion and delivery of digital transformation engagements
- Strong Development Skills, ideally Python or Java
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with key/value databases, e.g. Riak or Redis
- Good understanding of how to develop secure applications
- Good understanding of distributed architecture
- Strong hands-on knowledge of open source tools, libraries and standards
- Experience of working in Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of agile delivery methods and can participate in an agile team
- Good knowledge of open source and open standards
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients
- Large-scale data processing and data analytics software programmes
- Large-scale application development
- Experience in some or all of the following technologies:
- Apache Ranger
- Platform management tools like puppet or Ansible
- Anonymisation / pseudonymisation algorithms and technology
- Experience working with large DataSets including:
- Processing data
- Metadata management and associated tools
- Data modelling