Leeds (with potential for travel)
Type of Contract
Who can Apply
You must have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a DevOps environment, preferably cloud based and/or product based. As we security clear all our staff, you need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with an appetite for innovation, experimentation, thinking big and an ability to develop and deliver products from the whiteboard into service.
A fantastic opportunity working as part of an energetic team passionate about technology, service and speed to market. Delivering solutions that leverage the latest technologies in a bid to continuously improve our world class service and reduce delivery lead time. Putting data and metrics at the heart of every delivery, using it to track the value of success.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and build solutions that leverage Cloud native services
- Use TDD to build Infrastructure as Code
- Understand system constraints and factors that affect performance
- Build Immutable Infrastructure
- Create CI/CD pipelines that build and deploy new and existing solutions to Cloud
- Implement metrics gathering solutions that show the efficiency gains obtained by new solutions
- Extend and enhance service monitoring and alerting frameworks.
- A solid foundation in Linux administration and shell scripting
- A TDD approach to delivering software
- Experience with automation / configuration management using Ansible/Chef with InSpec/ServerSpec/RSpec
- Great problem solving and self learning skills with the ability to learn new technology quickly and autonomously
- Experience using a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS required)
- A working understanding of networking – IPv4, routers, firewalls, VPN etc.
- Metrics and monitoring – able to write custom tools and familiar with open source options.
Essential Products used:
- BitBucket or Github and an understanding of popular branching strategies
- AWS – EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Cloudformation, Code Pipeline, IAM
- Ansible / Chef with InSpec / ServerSpec
- Jenkins / AWS Code Pipeline / Travis / BitBucket Pipelines / CircleCI
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Graphana and Prometheus.
- Ruby / Go
- Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Mysql – replication, backups.
- Linux hardening (CIS/NIST)
- OpenSource based network & security tools (quagga, iptables, VyOS/vyatta).