Delivery Lead – Digital
London (with potential for travel)
Type of Contract
Who can Apply
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring the success of our software and service deliveries through diligent and thoughtful execution and regular consultation with our clients and leadership team. The Delivery Lead fuses the responsibilities associated with scrum masters, agile business analysts and agile-minded project managers with some of the responsibilities associated with a Client Engagement Manager. The role is London based, although some work may be required from client sites based throughout the United Kingdom.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong agile delivery background; with multi-year experience in either a scrum master, agile project manager or agile business analysis role
- Have experience building and owning client relationships, at both a delivery and commercial level.
The role is principally a client facing one. Typically, 90%-95% will be billable on-site. The remaining 5%-10% will be spent on other initiatives that support the candidates personal growth plan in-line with bringing benefit back to 6point6.
As we security clear all our staff, you need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
You will be helping to protect organisations and people from cyber-crime. You will have the opportunity to work on prestigious long-term projects, where our teams are designing and building next-generation cyber capabilities. You will also get to spend time with our incident response teams, where quick fix engineering is used to disrupt persistent and sustained cyber-attacks. You will need to be able to work confidently and quickly under pressure.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Client Engagement
- Responsible for the delivery of 6point6 services – ensuring client expectations are met
- Ensure trusted partnerships are established quickly in order to always act in the best interests of our clients
- Collaborate with the sponsoring BU Director and Engagement Lead to fully understand client expectations and to help shape our commitments
- Ensure a smooth and consistent delivery approach throughout, in line with 6point6 Delivery principals and practices as outlined in the 6point6 way
- Ensure all project / service decisions are aligned with our wider commitments to the client
- Be an escalation point for any scope requests / adjustments
- Collaborate with the Engagement Lead to shape and implement a suitable engagement strategy with new 6point6 clients (Small, Medium, Large accounts).
- Own the delivery process, constantly looking for ways to learn and adapt
- Collaborate with 6point6 sales and finance on forecasts, client business development, RFP responses, and development of financial models to ensure engagement profitability
- Work with the client, and other subject matter experts to turn business-driven requirements into playable user stories (INVEST ready)
- Peer review user stories to make sure requirements captured reflect conversations
- Oversee the creation of top-down and bottom-up estimates
- Facilitate release and sprint planning, daily scrum, backlog grooming and retrospective ceremonies
- Create data-driven dashboards to highlight team performance and proactively identify opportunities for adjustment and improvement – e.g. story points delivered, estimation variance and sprint velocity
- Maintain a comprehensive RAID log and provide regular reports on unblocking impediments and mitigating issues and risks
- Support 6point6 team(s) by helping them make appropriate commitments during sprint / release planning (e.g. story selection and prioritisation, sprint / release goals)
- Responsible for driving relationship and stakeholder management, working closely with the BU Director and Engagement Lead
- Support the development of delivery and account management IP
- Assist in business development activities, proposals, bid writting and pre-sales
- Assist in thought leadership on delivery subjects and Service or Product Delivery Management by creating materials as directed
- Participate in the recruitment and on-boarding of new staff.
- 5 Years experience in your chosen specialism as a minimum
- Experience in leading highly motivated, cross functional, multi disciplinary engineering and creative teams
- Experience in leading and motivating highly skilled people
- Excellent communicator – able to manage expectations during difficult times, able to contribute to the generation of pre-sales / marketing materials
- Pragmatism in delivery at all times – know when to use or blend traditional and modern practices and frameworks
- Excellent Consulting and Stakeholder Management experience, preferably with an established Consulting / Service organisation
- Experience in and with the full software development lifecycle, ideation through to the run-and-operate
- Experience embedding and implementing agile delivery techniques, where it makes sense to do so
- Deep understanding and recent experience managing scope in environments “geared for change”
- Must be able to deconstruct complex business needs into clear and simple playable user stories, with agreed acceptance criteria
- Must be able to manage a backlog and run regular shaping exercises with business and technical contributors
- Understanding of the traditional waterfall delivery process, specifically where it adds value and where it has limitations
- Experience working in Large ITIL driven enterprise organisations
- Familiarity or working knowledge of gov.uk Digital Service Standards and the GDS service design manual.
- Certified ITIL professional
- PPM / Prince II certified.