Cyber Security Engineer
London (with potential for travel)
Type of Contract
Who can Apply
You will be an inquisitive problem-solver, with a pragmatic and hands-on approach to life. You will already be confident building and maintaining some cyber security technologies, and be willing to take on further training as required. This position will suit somebody who is self-motivated, and looking to gain experience with integrated security systems and cyber operations. As we security clear all our staff, you need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
You will be helping to protect organisations and people from cyber-crime. You will have the opportunity to work on prestigious long-term projects, where our teams are designing and building next-generation cyber capabilities. You will also get to spend time with our incident response teams, where quick fix engineering is used to disrupt persistent and sustained cyber-attacks. You will need to be able to work confidently and quickly under pressure.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Producing detailed designs for the build and configuration of cyber security solutions
- Producing integration designs for operational security management systems
- Developing new security technologies, and delivering them into operational environments
- Producing delivery plans and cost models within a continuous development lifecycle
- Conducting technology trials and proofs-of concepts
- Collaborating in Red Team / Blue Team exercises and incident rehearsals
- Developing security technology roadmaps and engineering standards
- Maintenance and support of operational security systems
- Development of hot-fixes and workarounds for incident response teams.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a cyber security engineer role, preferably gained in an operational environment.
- Experience with at least one programming language, in particular Java
- Experience producing security system designs from a defined set of requirements; such as Identity Management and Key Management Systems
- Experience managing technical requirements in waterfall and agile delivery
- Experience installing and configuring virtualisation technologies
- Ability to read and understand raw system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs
- A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including the technologies and protocols commonly used in local area and wide area networks
- A good working knowledge of a variety of security technologies; such as cryptographics, host intrusion, network and application firewalls
- A basic knowledge of common application and infrastructure architectures
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering (min 2:1)
- Experience installing and configuring both Windows and Linux server operating systems, including ability to script in Bash and/or PowerShell
- Experience working with Jenkins, Docker and Kebernetes in a CI Pipeline
- Hold, or be working towards, an industry recognised security certification such as CISSP, GPEN and CISM
- Relevant TCP/IP network experience, or certifications such as CompTIA Network+ or CCNA
- Security vendor certifications, such as Checkpoint, ArcSight, Fortinet and TrendMicro
- Familiarity with ISO27001 and other security standards.
Cyber Security Engineer
Speak to our experts in: