Big Data Developer
Croydon (with potential for travel)
Type of Contract
Who can Apply
- Experienced Big Data Engineers
- Must have Home Office Security Clearance
As a strong developer with a history of delivering successful Big Data deliverables, you would be involved in working within a major government department on a key issue of National-importance. Working with modern technologies in a live and successful Big Data team, you would be responsible for delivering technical functionality to enable the successful and smooth go-live.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Resolve blocking issues and technical debt that may affect the delivery of business deliverables
- Deliver high quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality
- Deliver code, unit tests, feature tests, stubs and integration tests
- Operate in an agile environment as part of a scrum team and participate in sprint rituals
- Work with members of multiple skills to understand designs, functional requirements and triage issues.
- Hands on development of applications making use of HBase, Kafka and Kafka Streams/Samza for data ingestion, transformation and processing
- Knowledge of back-end programming, specifically Java (5+ years), with understanding of design patterns such as Dependency Injection
- Able to write high-performance, reliable and maintainable code
- Analytical and problem-solving skills applicable to Big Data
- Knowledge of NoSQL database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of distributed programming, including threading and concurrent programming concepts
- Experience working in an agile team delivery context.
- Knowledge of REST