Cloud and DevOps Engineer
Type of Contract: Full-time
6point6 are looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience using the Cloud Platform. A successful candidate will be implementing DevOps and development projects. These projects include the design and build of cloud infrastructure and data platforms, CI/CD pipelines and tooling.
A 6point6 DevOps Engineer is someone who:
- Applies DevOps best practices of automation, TDD and Infrastructure as Code to deliver technical solutions to product teams. Able to build, develop and maintain a cloud-based platform.
- Participates in the process of strategic project planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk impact and costs vs benefits.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms, providing recommendations on improving performance and identifying practical alternative solutions and modifications.
- Deliver high quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality
- Can maintain sustainable client relationships and drive client satisfaction
- Knowledge and experience of cloud platforms
- Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
- A keen interest in open source and a desire to contribute back to the community and other departments
- Knowledge of content inspection security controls at the boundary
- Experience of working in an Agile Delivery Team, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure or GCP platforms
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Python, BASH
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux
- Knowledge of configuration management tools
- Solid understanding of CI and build engineering
- Understanding of cloud concepts
- Experience of IP networking and physical networks
- Environment – Kubernetes, Docker
- Operating Systems – Linux
- Management – ELK
- Configuration Management – Git, Jenkins Ansible
- Coding Languages – Python
At 6point6, we offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of other benefits including company pension, laptop, cycle to work scheme, private medical and dental insurance and a generous holiday allowance.
You will be working and learning from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the technology industry. Our architects, engineers, and delivery professionals are helping the world’s largest organisations to build their strategies, next-generation architectures and solutions.