Senior Cloud and DevOps Engineer
Type of Contract: Full-time
At 6point6, we drive the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors. We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers.
Within the 6point6 cloud practice, we are focused on creating a modern cloud-native architecture and engineering practice to deliver world-leading solutions and agile transformations with our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering or platform engineering background will have worked in large teams and be comfortable in a client-facing role. You will also be willing and able to contribute to the 6point6 internal digital transformation strategy and thought leadership, with the ability to mentor fellow engineers and provide trusted leadership within your area of technical expertise.
Role and responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate high quality implementation of cloud technologies, with accompanying documentation, for high-SLO systems.
- Can maintain sustainable client relationships and drive client satisfaction.
- Design, build and operate cloud-native and cloud-platform-specific solutions in concert with solution architects, developers, and technical leads.
- Ability to operate in cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services within fast-paced environments.
- Experience of working as part of agile delivery teams, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with one of Azure, AWS, or GCP - with exposure to at least one other major cloud provider.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with vendor-neutral software, such as Kubernetes, Kafka, and Prometheus.
- Software development/engineering competence, including software build systems (Maven/Gradle/Make) and OOP principles.
- Prior experience of working with development teams across non-production and production environments.
- Prior experience of working with Kubernetes within scaled production environments.
- Exposure to technical leadership, project management, agile development.
- AWS Professional or specialty certification.
- Azure Expert or speciality certification
- GCP Professional certification
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Application Developer, or Security Specialist.
- LPI or RedHat certification.
- Prior experience in consulting, system integration, or software development.
We offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of benefits including a company pension, laptop, private medical and dental insurance. We also offer an income protection plan, a wellness active allowance fund of up to £600 and access to a life coach for advice or a programme of self-help.