Senior Data Engineer
Type of Contract:
Who can apply:
- Data Architect or Data Engineer who has several years’ experience with AWS Data technologies
- As we also engage on a number of exciting accounts across the UK public sector, we want our staff eligible for security clearance. You need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
As part of the Data practice, we are focused on creating a modern architecture and implementation practice that is capable of delivering data platforms and data projects to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong architecture and software engineering background, will have led teams of engineers or other architects, will be able to perform as a client-facing role to senior stakeholders, and will be willing and able to contribute to the 6point6 internal Data strategy, thought leadership and sales and marketing efforts.
Define the architectures for a high profile, public facing, government, and private sector projects, including:
- Define the architectural roadmaps for projects for any given client
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the current live applications and systems at any given client site
- Ensure that the scope, context and constraints are documented and accepted
- Identify, engage and enfranchise stakeholders
- Facilitate the making of system-level decisions, ensuring that they are made on the basis of the best information and are aligned with stakeholder needs
- Capture and interpret input from technical and domain specialists (and represent this accurately to stakeholders as needed)
- Define and document strategies, standards and guidelines to direct the build and deployment of systems
- Ensure that the architecture meets the system quality attributes
- Help ensure that agreed upon architectural principles and standards are applied to the finished system or product
- Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide architectural and technical leadership
- Participate in business development activities, proposals, bids and pre-sales
- Participate in thought leadership on the subjects of Architecture and Big Data by creating thought leadership materials as directed
- Assist in the promotion and delivery of Big Data engagements
- Build client relationships and establish credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of architecture, and identify opportunities
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Line manage, mentor, train and develop more junior staff, including graduates.