Division/Team: Cyber Security
Type of Contract: Full-time
Role focussed on proactive monitoring of defined use cases, supporting the onboarding of new services and evolving the security operations centre’s monitoring service in line with business goals.
Role and responsibilities
- Reviews actual or potential security breaches and vulnerabilities and ensures that they are promptly and thoroughly investigated.
- Recommends actions and appropriate control improvements.
- Investigates major breaches of security and recommends appropriate control improvements.
- Provides first line investigation and gathers information to enable incident resolution and allocate incidents.
- Performs routine threat intelligence gathering tasks.
- Assesses and documents the impacts and threats to the organisation. Creates reports and shares knowledge and insights with stakeholders.
- Monitors the application and compliance of security operations procedures.
- Assist with identifying and implementing needed and recommended policy and procedure changes.
- Collates and analyses catalogues of information and technology assets for vulnerability assessment. Follows subscribed feeds (e.g. CVE publications) and handles the remediation.
- Researches and investigates attack techniques and recommend ways to defend.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Identifies risks and vulnerabilities, assesses their impact and probability, develops mitigation strategies and reports to the business.
- Assists in the definition and management of requirements for projects.
- Supports digital forensic investigations by applying standard tools and techniques to investigate devices.
- Maintains and/or creates incident response, contingency planning and related documentation to support disaster recovery for security incident and event response.
- Dashboarding experience.
- Client facing experience.
- Proficiency in writing alerts.
● Consulting experience.
● Presentation skills.
At 6point6, we drive the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors. We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers.
Benefits of a career at 6point6
We offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of benefits including a company pension, laptop, private medical and dental insurance. We also offer an income protection plan, a wellness active allowance fund of up to £600 and access to a life coach for advice or a programme of self-help.