Head of Cyber Research
Type of Contract: Full-time
We are looking for inspiring talent to join our rapidly growing organisation, is that you? Our cyber practice is looking to develop its current cyber lab, that sits at the heart of its lines of business. The head of cyber lab is a senior manager role to support the cyber practice lines of business covering security, intelligence and governance, risk and compliance. This senior manager will be responsible for all professional services activities within cyber lab, reporting to the director of cyber operations. Responsible for research initiatives as a subject matter specialist to projects across 6point6 and to our clients. This role will be responsible for presenting at conferences and are expected to become known authorities within the industry in their research initiative. The cyber lab’s output ranges from technical research papers, board level briefings, and white papers for wider public consumption. You will be working within an industry-leading team of cyber security consultants providing research for major clients, both blue chip and in the government sector.
Role and responsibilities
- Thought leadership through publications, common vulnerability exposure research and speaking at media engagements.
- Defining, prioritising and leading multiple cyber research and development projects.
- Building a long-term cyber security research and development roadmap.
- Identifying key security trends and its potential business impact.
- Oversee lab management and red team and incident response kit development and maintenance, to include equipment kit building and customising in support.
- Leading a team of cyber researchers and black hats and sharing the benefits of your expertise and knowledge with the wider team.
- Collaborate with the cyber team leadership and wider cyber technical teams.
- Experience of working in a cyber security environment, has experience of working in partnership with private industry and media engagements.
- Must be hands-on and have intimate knowledge and experience in network design, computer architecture and reverse engineering.
- Industry product knowledge sufficient to provide direction and guidance to clients and associates.
- Proven thought leadership experience, providing insight and direction for the company and the consulting line of business.
- Analytical problem solver. Able to understand the interdependencies of business functions and impacts of decisions and sets priorities based on what is important and relevant.
- Experience working with commodity cloud services, such as Azure and AWS. Proficient with at least one programming language – such as Java or Python.
- You will need to be computer literate with strong interpersonal skills to be able to convey matters of a technical nature to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, mathematics or proven experience in a required area of expertise.
- Have working knowledge of publishing common vulnerability exposure.
- Prior experience presenting research at industry conferences.
- Programming skills covering more than one language.
- Hold one or more security vendor certifications and experience working with security architecture.
At 6point6, we drive the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors. We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers.