Type of Contract: Full-time
6point6 architecture practice is a fast-growing community of industry leading experts. The practice covers all aspects of architecture for large scale technology estates, providing architecture and solution for complex transformation, cloud migration, technology consolidation and modernisation, Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and enterprise architecture definition and management. We deliver advisory, technology vision and strategy, technology roadmaps, technology due diligence, enterprise architecture and architecture governance using our proven framework and processes.
- Minimum of five years of experience of working in IT infrastructure engineering/architecture.
- Strong experience with on-premise/private cloud infrastructure services.
- At least one infrastructure advanced certification (VMware, Microsoft, RedHat, Cisco, etc.) or hyperscaler advanced certification (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with private/hybrid cloud solutions either commercial tools (VMware, BMC, HP, Cisco, Microsoft) or open source (Openstack, Cloudforms, etc.).
- Experience with automation and orchestration of infrastructure operational processes (Ansible, BMC, VMware, Red Hat, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- Knowledge of main hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V) and network virtualization (NSX, etc.).
- Familiar with main operating systems (Linux and Windows) and middleware (appservers, webservers, databases, etc.).
- Experience with containers (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- ·Experienced in technology consulting projects:
○ Data centre transformation assessments
○ Definition of infrastructure strategies and roadmaps
○ Architecture design and implementation of infrastructure and automation solutions.
- Familiar with public cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP).
- Experience in DevOps in particular continuous integration and delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to client and company supervisors.
At 6point6, we drive the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors. We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers.
Benefits of a career at 6point6
We offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of benefits including a company pension, laptop, private medical and dental insurance. We also offer an income protection plan, a wellness active allowance fund of up to £600 and access to a life coach for advice or a programme of self-help.